Expert Opinion: ★ ★ ★ ★ Priced from approx $175 per month per ear (!)
The Phonak Lyric is a product like no other in the industry with great features and significant compromises. Imagine just for a moment, a hearing aid that is invisible, comfortable and stays in your ear 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, is water-resistant for showering and requires no battery changes. Welcome to the possibilities offered by Phonak Lyric. Before rushing out to buy it, read on as there are some significant Pro's and Con's...
Lyric is a tiny hearing aid surrounded by medically certified memory foam that fits completely in the ear canal to make it invisible. It is worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is inserted by an Audiologist and Approved Lyric Provider and ~7-10 weeks it is replaced by the professional with a new device (which is approx when the battery runs low).
• Water-resistant so you can shower whilst wearing it. It is not waterproof for swimming (requires swim plugs to be worn over top when swimming)
• No handling or maintenance – of either the aid or batteries. Particularly great for those with limited dexterity or memory loss
• Sounds good
• Easy monthly or annual subscription
• Candidacy – not all ear canals or hearing losses are suitable for Lyric. Check with us
It is incredible how popular this product is. Many people want to hear better but not have anyone know that they need to. For those people who are candidates, this tiny product can be life-changing, beyond that even offered by premium world-leading technologies. We know patients with limited dexterity in their fingers/hands who love it. We know patients with small children who want to hear them call out at night whom also love it. We know executives who are time-poor and just love the hands-off maintenance and invisibility. For these clients, this is a good alternative. In fact, there are no other products like Lyric available in the world.
• Lyric's signal processing is unsophisticated compared to all other competitive products (which means that there is very little technological scope for background noise reduction, the most desirable benefit sought)
• The requirement to have it replaced in clinic every few weeks can be onerous and inconvenient, especially when on holiday or travelling for work
• Over the lifetime of a regular hearing device that you own, the cost of the Lyric far exceeds more sophisticated products
Choosing Lyric is to choose invisible hearing and no battery changing as the main priority, over noise reduction and speech clarity performance.
We share our best advice in a straight forward manner so that you can make informed decisions about your hearing. As independent Audiologists in Melbourne, we access all of the worlds best technologies to create incredible hearing solutions. And, we stand behind our work to guarantee our solutions.
The first consultation is complimentary so give us a call today on 03 7012 9076.